Saturday, June 02, 2007

Repairing an antique CQ



I was telling Pam Kellogg about the batting in my Antique Quilt and she asked if I would post a picture. The second picture is of a patch where the fabric has completly disintigrated.
I had mentioned that I thought it looked like fur. It was all over my navy slacks the other day and it looked like fur. It's probably just cotton though. As I was looking more closely at the quilt I found out that the stitcher had probably pieced the top together and then did the embellishing through the batting and muslin. I don't know if I mentioned this before or not, but quite of few of the patches are ribbon. You can tell by the finished edges on the ribbon. This is quite exciting to be doing this and especially following along as Pam does 2 quilts. She gave me the inspiration to really work on this.
If you'd like to see the entire quilt, scroll down to March 22.

1 comment:

Susan said...

So you are repairing along side Pam, and creating one at the same time? That's cool.