Sunday, November 19, 2006

Encrusted CQ Lessons 4 & 5

I've had a chance to work some on my block this weekend. I have a major mess in my sewing room. the SR is all 4mm some hand-dyed.The yellow seems to split as I use it. I don't remember where I got it. I've had it for awhile. The burgundy ribbon I found at Wal-mart in the scrapbook section. It was on a card with several other colors. I was surprised how the beads on the tatting changed the look of the tatting.

Monday, November 13, 2006

Entire block

After looking at my previous post I decided to post a picture of the emtire block, so you could see what I have done so far. I have not finished some of the treatments yet. And I need to get busy on the right hand side. I do have a few ideas for that area.

Encrusted CQ - Motif

This is a motif I managed to get done over the weekend. The chain stitch is done with a silk floss and the leaves in a hand=dyed silk ribbon. The "flowers" are a design I found on Maureen Greeson's site in one of her newsletters. I'm sorry to say she has deleted her newsletters from her site. There was some wonderful information there. I have an idea for another motif, but I need to practice the stitch and draw a design before I do it on my block.

Friday, November 03, 2006

Seam Treatments

I've added some new seam treatments. On the one with the detached chain I found this multicolored thread in my stash. I think it works pretty well with the colors. These are all perle #8 and 12. The other one is not complete yet. Still playing with what to use for the leaves on the bullion rose. I've used perle #5& 8 and a tatting thread. Also a matte thread I got a a scrapbook store. There are several colors and kinds of threads, so I will probalby be using more of these.