Thursday, December 21, 2006

Dyed Motif

I got out my dyes and for the first time tried to dye a motif. I even mixed a brown color and used that to tone down the colors. I think it came out pretty good. I've started to bead the leaves and put some DMC gold fil in the flower. It's kind of hard to see, but does add a little sparkle. Maybe this afternoon I'll be able to do some more on the ribbon spray.
I was disappointed that the dye ran into the yellow in the center. Maybe I'll have to find some resist to keep it from doing that.

1 comment:

Susan said...

I would love to do your challenge, but my stash lives in CA and I am heading for TX. I have a stash here that needs to be used, but it's been bought in the last six months. Mostly CQ stuff, but there are some fabrics, too. If that works, then I'm game!