Saturday, October 07, 2006

Peachy Biscornu



I haven't posted for awhile. There's some bad family stuff going down around here and I haven't felt like stitching for a while. But my daughter really read me the riot act and said I need to get back to doing my stitching, so here is what I started on today.


I'm working on this biscornu designed by Carol Tinson, Heirloom Embroderies. It's done on 28 ct Jobelan. As I was working this morning I noticed that I was working on the wrong side. I'm usually very careful about this, but you really notice the difference on the Jobelan. The backstitch vine really looks funny. So I will cut another piece and start over. I can do the frog stitch on the back piece and rework it.
I follow a couple of blogs everyday. Sharon Boggins "In a Minute ago" and Pam Kellogg's "Kitty and Me". Also one I really get a lot of inspiration at is "Rose Cottage by the sea" by Lady Laurie. She has such a wonderful outlook on life.

3 comments:

Hope said...

biscornu - can you explain this term to me?? and how horrid to find that you were working from the back... but awesome to know that your back is that lovely!!

June said...

Thank you for the compliment, Hope.
A biscornu is a small pin cushion or tuffet. If you scroll down to my Aug. 23 post You will see two that I have finished and a site where you can get instructions and the pattern for the red biscornu.

Sew-in-Love said...

Love your quilt blocks! I must try that some day.=)

If you like all sorts of embroidery, you might enjoy visiting my blog from time to time too. Like you, I've been a bit quiet of late, but I hope to pull my stitching socks up soon!!!

Elisabeth, UK=)