Saturday, October 07, 2006

Peachy Biscornu



I haven't posted for awhile. There's some bad family stuff going down around here and I haven't felt like stitching for a while. But my daughter really read me the riot act and said I need to get back to doing my stitching, so here is what I started on today.


I'm working on this biscornu designed by Carol Tinson, Heirloom Embroderies. It's done on 28 ct Jobelan. As I was working this morning I noticed that I was working on the wrong side. I'm usually very careful about this, but you really notice the difference on the Jobelan. The backstitch vine really looks funny. So I will cut another piece and start over. I can do the frog stitch on the back piece and rework it.
I follow a couple of blogs everyday. Sharon Boggins "In a Minute ago" and Pam Kellogg's "Kitty and Me". Also one I really get a lot of inspiration at is "Rose Cottage by the sea" by Lady Laurie. She has such a wonderful outlook on life.

2 comments:

June said...

Thank you for the compliment, Hope.
A biscornu is a small pin cushion or tuffet. If you scroll down to my Aug. 23 post You will see two that I have finished and a site where you can get instructions and the pattern for the red biscornu.

Elizabeth Braun said...

Love your quilt blocks! I must try that some day.=)

If you like all sorts of embroidery, you might enjoy visiting my blog from time to time too. Like you, I've been a bit quiet of late, but I hope to pull my stitching socks up soon!!!

Elisabeth, UK=)