Thursday, July 19, 2007

Fan


Here's my fan. It's a little lopsided, but then so am I. Don't quite know how I will incorporate this into the quilt, but we will see. I think maybe it's a little to much, but I guess it will be ok. It's kind of hard to keep things simple after taking Sharon B's encrusted class.
After I finished this I found a tutorial at http://www.wyldwmn.com/fanblock1/htm That explains how to do a fan, by placing your first fan blade in the center of the fan base. DUH!! Maybe then it wouldn't be so lopesided. It really does look worse in person than in the photo.
My next step will be to put this onto the block and attach that to the quilt.
My oldest daughter, Wendy, was down a couple of weekends ago and she brought the block she was working on. She's doing a wonderful job. Her stitches are so nice and even. She's not even marking her fabric. Someone must have taught better then they taught her mother.
I hope you like what I have done. Am thinking about the sashing for around the outside of the quilt. Maybe I'll work on that a little also.

5 comments:

Gerry said...

I think you've done a wonderful job. You'll probably be surprised when you get it 'blocked.' Be sure to post if for us!

Anonymous said...

Mom,
I think your fan is beautiful. It will look great in the quilt.
Love,
Wendy

Susan said...

I clicked for an up-close and it looks great to me! It would make a great front for a fan needlebook, if you want to do another one for your quilt, but I think it looks fine for the quilt.

JK said...

June, this is lovely! It is not lopsided!! I bet I am more lopsided then you... aha!

Candi said...

Your fan is beautiful! It's not lopsided! You did a wonderful job on it.
HUGZ:)
Candi