Sunday, July 01, 2007

End of June

Whoops!! I didn't mean the end of me, although I think that is coming pretty soon. No It's the end of the month of June. Half way through this year. Not too long ago I was wondering what this year would bring.

I have some more pictures today of my progress on the memorial quilt. I hope you won't get bored with what I'm doing, as I'll be working on this for some time. One is of a dresser scarf that my Grandmother, Mary Weiss did somewhere around the early 1930's. I never thought I would be using these precious pieces in this way. But, anyway, I made a copy of one of the motifs and put it on a patch for the Memorial Quilt. I had a heck of a time trying to find the right color of fibers to use. I wound up with Needle and Neccesities (Orange) and DMC for the green. I have not really worked with #5 perle that much, but that is what was used on the scarf, so I wanted to keep it as close to the original as I could. I think the orange is a little dark, but then I guess you have to take in consideration fading over the years.

After I do some more seam treatments I want to do a fan. that should be interesting. anyway, let's see where these pictures turn up in this blog. I hope at the end. I need to find out how to place the pictures where you want them. Another project.

3 comments:

Susan said...

I love the way you adapted that pattern. You did a beautiful job of the drawing and the embroidery. I love Needle Necessities threads - one of my favorite cottons. I usually use the perle 8 or the floss, though. You should be proud of this design & work. I hope it isn't close to the end of you!

Gail said...

It has been awhile since I have been able to get around the ring. I have been catching up on your work and I have to tell you it is lovely. Your dragonfly is so pretty and I just love the iris (one of my favorite flowers). Your doing that quilt all by hand? I look forward to seeing what you do because your work is so nicely done. I like what you have done transfering the pattern from the dresser scarf, too. The colors are great.
Hugs

June said...

I'm glad you are enjoying my progress. Yes, I'm doing this all by hand as My sewing machine and I don't get along. I haven't stitched for awhile, trying to figure out how to do a fan.