Monday, January 07, 2008

I'm back


It's a new year and a new life for me. First I must apologize to all those on the
'Around the Block" for not changing my posts. Susan was kind enough to put me on vacation, but now that all the rigamarole from Karl's passing is over I will try to post at least once a week.

The picture is from a class I'm taking at Piecemakers with Ingrid. She can get me in more trouble. I can't take credit for the block. I purchased it from Pam Kellogg's Etsy shop awhile back.
I love the beaded leaf design. That's a beaded berry in the center. You could also use a button there. The fly stitch leaves on the spider web roses are done with one strand of floss and one of Madera Metallic Col # 424. It's a thread with black and gold wound together. Very effective.
We've had a lot of rain here in So. Cal. over the weekend. We had six inches here at my house since Friday. The sun is out now and the mountains are gorgeous. My car is in for service and I don't have any other transportation, but I will try to take a picture tomorrow. I'm sure the snow will still be there.
Well, I guess that's all for now. I hope you all will be ok with the strong storms across the U.S. I have lots more to share with you so maybe tomorrow. Sorry for the yellow. I used spell check and it won;t go away.

4 comments:

NormaH said...

Glad to see you back June and that is a gorgeous block to begin the new year.

pineapple_ing said...

Oh June, you're such a tease! Who? little ol' me!? Get *you* into trouble (wicked hehehe!) You know perfectly well that the only one *I* can get into trouble, is *me* :) Isn't it fun though!? (LOL!) Thank you for having become such a *real* friend.
Love you lots, and keep on stitching. ~ Ing ;)

Susan said...

What a very pretty block! I used a block I bought from Pam for a Round Robin and it really came back pretty. I look forward to seeing the things you do in the Piecemakers class. Welcome back! Yeah, I know that Ingrid - she is good at getting people in trouble. =)

Elizabeth Braun said...

Good to see you back and that's a beuatiful new piece you've got going there.=)