Thursday, January 24, 2008

Ruching


The class at Piecemakers this week was on Ruching. Not my favorite thing. Sitting there taking tiny running stitches on silk ribbon. But here is the result so far. The white flowers in the center of the ruching are French Knot roses. These were fun to do. I wanted to get a motif worked up before posting this picture, but since it's been awhile since I posted I thought I would show what I have so far.
I'm finding that the colors of this block are very hard to work with. I think I like the darker color backgrounds better.
Well, enough for now, I have get Lilli to the groomers and Hopefully the guys will come with the garage door and I have to clean up this mess I have in my kitchen. It's raining here and some of my STUFF is getting wet on the patio, We managed to get almost all of it into the garge last weekend, but this sorting through stuff. Not looking forward to that. Have a good day and where ever you are stay warm, except those of you might be from down under, I suppose you are warm this time of year.

5 comments:

Elizabeth Braun said...

This is a very pretty piece, June!

Elizabeth Braun said...

This is a very pretty piece, June!

Candi said...

What a great job you're doing. The piece is just lovely!
HUGZ:)
Candi

Susan said...

June, I love the roses in the ruching. That is so pretty! I love the idea of French Knot roses, and think I can see how they are made. I'll look it up and see if I can find directions somewhere. Thanks for the idea!

Susan said...

June, I love the roses in the ruching. That is so pretty! I love the idea of French Knot roses, and think I can see how they are made. I'll look it up and see if I can find directions somewhere. Thanks for the idea!