Wednesday, August 09, 2006

The second panel


This is the second panel I have to work on. I have few things to do on the first one yet, but thought I would post the second. I'm looking for a frog charm or pattern to put on the lily pads. I found some already made flowers to form a water lily. I don't remember where I got the pattern for the embroidered strip at the top. I was about 5 years ago when I did that. Above that on the seam I stitched a bunch of butterflies. I have the grandkids go on a treasure hunt to find a number of things, like at Christmas I have them find all the nativity sets I have around. So I thought I would have them go on a hunt to count the butterflies on this.
One of daughters had looked in on my blog and wanted to know if I was going to do a wall hanging for all 5 of them. I just laughed. usually when I make something I do one for each one of them.

1 comment:

Susan said...

How pretty! It's no wonder they'd all want one, but making 5 could take years!

At least, it could at my speed. =)